Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BITTERSWEET

Last week Friday was my last day with my first permanent client.  I have been working at Mililani Middle for a little over 4 months.  Within that amount of time I have made strong connections with the DOE personnel and with the students there as well.  I was excited to be transferring and getting another client, however when the day was almost over, I felt sad.  He's a really good kid, and I'll never forget our eventful, last week together.  I wish him and his family the best of luck in the future and I will definitely miss everyone that I have been blessed to have the opportunity to work with!!  Now it's time for me to venture out into new waters!

What I'll miss most:  School lunches and the fact that teachers get DOUBLE!  The cold weather up in Mililani Mauka makes me feel like I work in the North Pole.  Treats and goodies from the students.  The rainy days!  P.E. class and KICKBALL!!  :'(

2 comments:

  1. Everything you just said in this blog, was the complete opposite of the blog I just posted, LMFAO!

    But, kudos to you of your passion for these children who need awesome people like you :)

    Btw, i'm going to forever crave school lunches because of your pics, and the fact that I can never get school lunch again

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for school lunches! do you get lunch FREE? thats the best part. change is good. moving on to better and bigger things!

    ReplyDelete